Wednesday, April 4, 2012

First Draft and The Future

Two days ago, I completed the first draft of my first major game project, titled "Snowfall."  Closing in on 146 pages, I'd say I'm very happy with it.  For now, the draft will enter a long and scary revision process.  In the meantime, I think I'll be starting to work out sprites and play around with some music editors to get an idea of what the music will sound like.  I do have some concern that the draft may not be "good enough" compared to other things out in the industry in terms of style and language, but I will definitely make sure it is once other things are worked out.  The next draft will focus on coherency and stability of the characters.  It really does feel great to have a completed piece of work though, even if it is only a first draft!

No comments:

Post a Comment